Sunday, June 28, 2009

What a Friday!...

So Friday was a big day.....emotionally. First I had my Dr. appointment at 1:00. I went in for another ultra sound and fetal monitoring to check my fluid level. We did the ultra sound first and found out that baby flipped and is now breech. I felt him flip Wednesday night but didn't know that's what was happening at the time. My whole stomach was cramped and I could barely move and I had no idea what was going on inside. Come to find out....he flipped. So my Dr. went over a few different scenarios as to what could happen. She told me of a position to get in and have Ryan massage and help coax baby the turn back. If he doesn't flip back then we would schedule to go into the hospital and have the Dr. try to flip him back and in the event of distress would do an emergency c-section. If baby does flip, then we would probably schedule an inducement to get him out in case he tried to flip again. If he doesn't flip and everything is fine, we will just schedule a c-section. So after finding this out, I talked to Ryan and then later found out that his plane was delayed a few hours due to mechanical problems and that they were trying to fix it. So after almost two weeks of him being gone, his return was anything but quick. In fact, his flight ended up being canceled and he was put on the waiting list for the next flight out but there was only one seat available and that was given to someone else so he got bumped to fly out the next morning. After the news of the baby and then not getting Ryan back until the next day, I was pretty emotional. But he is home safe now and we are still working on getting this little guy to flip back. But I'm thinking it's not going to happen and I am preparing myself for the news of a c-section. I will keep you all posted.

2 comments:

karlie said...

first of all...those posts of ryan going to 3-5 G's are sooo sweet!!!! Also i cant believe little man flipped! i'm praying he flips back and you will have a normal delivery! please let us know. love you guys!!!!

Mendenhalls Unite said...

Shoot Lace! I hope all goes well! Just so you know, c-sections are quick!! I hope he flips back though, because the recovery isn't so fun. Keep us posted.