Friday, June 12, 2009

Catching up...

"Long Neck"
T-Rex!!

T-Rex trying to eat Rafe



Rafe loved the "Buff-i-lo"

The Garden of the Gods



It's been awhile since I've posted anything on here so let me do some catching up. A few weekends ago we went down to Colorado Springs and walked around this place called The Garden of the Gods. It reminded me a lot of Southern Utah. It was very beautiful and a nice little walk. Ryan finished his first year of Med School on June 9th and I am so proud of him. He worked so hard and did very well. This week we took Rafe to the Denver Nature and Science Museum. Rafe and I had been once before but this time we were able to take Ryan with us. Rafe loves to see all of the animals and, of course, the Dinosaurs. We have loved having Ryan all to ourselves these past few days but won't get him for long. He leaves Sunday morning, early, to San Antonio, TX for Air Force Medicine Training for two weeks. We will miss him on Father's Day again but are very proud of all he does.

Yesterday I had a Dr.'s appointment and everything is on track for July 4th. Baby is doing well. They did an ultra sound and at this point he is measuring 6 lbs 12 oz, which is already bigger than Rafe was when he was born. She said his head is very large....."off the charts" she said....."I don't even have a number for how big it is". "His torso is good in size which means he'll be at least 8 lbs." So this "little" guy will be good sized, I guess. My amniotic fluid level is on the higher end. 21 to 22 is considered high and I'm at 19.8 something. So they are going to keep an eye on it to make sure everything is ok. I'm not worried because I had TONS with Rafe. I'm just an amniotic producing momma. But she said if it gets to a point where she feels it's something to worry about she will induce me any time as soon as next week. I told her, "I hope not because Ryan leaves Sunday for two weeks." She said that if it keeps going up but everything is fine, then she will just let me go on my own. But I haven't dropped yet and I'm, once again, completely closed. Not dilated one bit. So that leads me to believe it won't happen while Ryan is gone. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I'll keep you all posted.

6 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

You were at Garden of the Gods!!!! We love so close! We are always so close to that place. They have a ton of hiking and mountain biking trails over there! Next time you come down call me! I will make, or try to make :) you dinner!!

Parks Family said...

fingers crossed that everything goes as planned! Congrats to Ryan.

Anica said...

Your baby is coming soon! I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see him!

karlie said...

thx for the update! im so excited for your new little one and pray you dont have him while ryan is gone. congrats to ryan too! miss you so much!

Mendenhalls Unite said...

I can't believe the day is rapidly approaching! How exciting! Post some preggy pics, I don't think any are on here. Keep us posted on when this little guy makes his appearance. Love ya!

Debi said...

Lali, such a good job with your blog. It is darling and so fun to read about what you are doing. I am getting hip to these technogrooves! I love your pictures, especially of my Little Honey. Keep up the good work La. Love you all! Am so proud of you all! La