Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fun over the Break!

The day after Christmas we left to go to Utah for a visit. The flight was a rough one for me. I was very sick on the way to the airport and felt like I was going to lose it at any second. Every smell was getting to me and I was able to wait until we got to our gate. Once there I ran to the bathroom and vomited. After that, I felt much better but once we got on the plane....it hit me again and I couldn't get up because we were taking off. There was so much turbulence because we were flying into a storm that once it started I grabbed my barf bag and lost it. I can now say I know someone that has had to use a barf bag on an airplane.....Me! It was pretty embarrassing but thank goodness it was noisy because no one heard me. Ryan couldn't even hear me. I was miserable for 24 hours but then was much better. It was great to see my family and be with them. While we were there we were able to see some of our dear friends that we love and miss so much! We had a great time. Rafe got to ride on the tractor with Pa and plow lots of snow with him. He even fell asleep on the tractor. We had such a fun time and it was a great break for both of us. I have been very spoiled these past 5 months. I have been able to see my family each month since September. We have been lucky enough to find some cheap airfare and Rafe is still free so we've been taking advantage of that. From this point on, it will be few and far in between with my visits to my family. But Rafe and I have been blessed to see them as much as we have.
Ryan started school this past Monday and so far so good. So now it's back to the grind. I am so extremely proud of him and his hard work. He is doing a great job in school and has balanced his time very well to be able to spend time with Rafe and I. He is an amazing man and I am so lucky and blessed to have him in my life.

1 comment:

Parks Family said...

Oh Lacey! I am so sorry! I hope you are feeling better now. Do you know what you are having yet?